With the ever-changing environment we are currently living in, and the unknowns of Covid-19, all policies, procedures and schedules are subject to change.
Drop off and Pick Up Procedures
We are setting up the following procedures in order to limit the risk of exposure to and minimize the spread of Covid-19. Families, including guardians, siblings, parents, and caretakers will not be allowed in the preschool during school hours to minimize contact and gathering. The preschool will only be open to teaching staff and essential staff.
- The teachers will be outside during drop off and pickup. Drop off is from 9:00am-9:15am only at the door. A teacher will be there to check in your child and bring him/her to his/her classroom. If for some reason you need to come to school later for drop off or earlier for pickup, please call ahead of time and when you arrive at school, ring the doorbell and wait for a staff member to meet you at the main entrance.
- Upon arrival, each parent and child’s temperature will be taken using the preschool’s touchless thermometer.
- Only two people from each family are permitted to do drop off and pick up.
- All adults must wear masks and practice social distancing during pick up and drop-off.
- Parents will be required to fill out/answer a questionnaire inquiring about their children’s and family’s health over the weekend.
- Pick up is from 3:00-3:10 at the front door. Children will be waiting in the shade beginning at 2:55pm. Please be prompt at pickup time to ensure children are not outside for more time than necessary. All adults must wear masks during pick-up.
- Please take a temperature check at home prior to bringing your child to Gani
- Keep your child home if they are showing any signs of symptoms or sickness including: fever, runny nose, cough, fatigue, muscle aches, vomiting, or diarrhea. Any child with a temperature of 100 or above will be sent home for a minimum of 72 hours.
- Children must be symptom free for 72 hours before returning to school (without the aid of a fever reducing medication). In some cases, a note from your child’s doctor will be required for your child to return.
- If your child has an excessive runny nose, cough, or sneeze, we will ask you to pick up your child and keep them home for 72 hours. In some cases, a note from your child’s doctor will be required for your child to return.
- If your child shows symptoms while at school, you will need to pick up your child within 30 minutes.
- If you have multiple children, and one child has a fever or symptoms at drop off, your other child will not be able to attend.
- If you, your spouse or other members of your family have a temperature or are sick, we respectfully request that you keep your child home.
NEW CLASSROOM REGULATIONS
- All staff will be wearing masks
- The CDC has recommended that no child under 2 should wear a mask.
- If your child is two-years-old or older and you want your child to wear a mask, we will do our best for him/her to keep it on. Parents must provide that mask. AJP will not provide masks for children.
- Any cloth mask will be acceptable (Here are some ideas for making a simple sew/no sew mask).
- Children will not sleep with mask covers and nap mats will be placed 6 feet apart.
- Children will not wear masks outside.
In an effort to limit exposure, we have a few new regulations
- Class size is limited to 10 children
- Children and teachers must remain in the same group throughout the day
- Although children mingling during play is often inevitable, physical distancing (6 feet) for children and adults within the classroom will be practiced as much as possible.
Materials in the classroom
- If anything in the classroom is exposed to bodily fluids and cannot be easily cleaned with a sanitizing spray, it will be removed.
- There will be a limited number of toys and materials in the classroom in general to reduce the risk of contact contamination.
- We will follow strict sanitizing procedures at the end of each day and take extra precaution with any materials that have come into contact with children’s saliva, mucus or any other bodily fluid.